Sunday, May 8, 2011

Amazon Review for Stir, Laugh, Repeat


5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Scrumptious, May 3, 2011
By 
This review is from: Stir, Laugh, Repeat (Kindle Edition)
Now here is a lady who loves cheese as much as I do and is not afraid to use it. In Stir, Laugh, Repeat, Martha Cheves has compiled recipes based on down to earth cooking, perfected with patience. Her shortcuts make sense and more than once I slapped my head, thinking - why didn't I think of that.
Her personal notes about the recipes add to the fun and I have already started using some of her "TIPS". This would be a perfect gift for the bride to be. I can see it in a bridal shower basket of basic essentials. But I also see it in the library of someone like me who has been married for over 50 years and always looking for some wonderful, quick meals with a new twist - good old southern cooking. The new twist for me - I'm a New England 'girl'. My first cooking adventure with Martha will be the Salmon Puffs. I recommend Stir, Laugh, Repeat to anyone looking for a simpler way to make old favorites without losing the down home feel.

Elizabeth Wilder
author - The Spruce Gum Box

No comments:

Post a Comment