Thursday, June 25, 2009

Book Review by Donna Bramblett, TX

I recently ordered your cookbook “Stir, Laugh, Repeat” and it came in the mail yesterday. I sat down last night to glance at it and couldn’t put it down….I read it from cover to cover!

I loved the format and all of the stories you added on each page just put a special touch to the book. After reading it, I feel like I really know you and your family. I know your sons-in-law are Yankees, you are a lover of cheese, but you dislike chocolate…well not all chocolate..you have a weakness for white chocolate and I would venture to guess that you never take yourself too seriously. I also loved the fact that you use every day ingredients and don’t mind admitting that you and cakes do not have a love affair. It was such an easy and enjoyable read. I will be waiting for the second book which I understand is now in the works.

I have some pages marked for things that will be first on my list to try. One of them is the Bacon, Egg & Cheese Mini Pies on Page 144. This will be a great addition to a brunch and it is so simple. It made me wonder…”now why hadn’t I thought about that?” Another recipe I definitely have to try is the Cracker Bars on Page73 and I may do a “Martha trick” and use regular chocolate instead of white chocolate. I could mention several others, but I think you have the idea that I really am enjoying Stir, Laugh, Repeat.
Donna, TX

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on publishing a cookbook! It looks like it has some great reviews. I'd love to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a very interesting book, I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure a this book was a labor of love for you...Love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing. I love cookbooks with great stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds like a wonderful cookbook! Iam looking forward to adding it to my collection (and making good use of it). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete