Saturday, June 6, 2009

Review by Eileen Thornton - UK

I found this to be a most enjoyable cookery book. Not only are the recipes delicious, but also they are so very easy to follow and I love the stories that appear at the end of each recipe.

One of the things that appealed to me was that Martha uses basic ingredients, the kind you would find in your store cupboard at home. There is no need for a trip to the high-class food stores to find some exotic ingredient for a special recipe that you know you will never use again. Yet the end result is just as delicious as anything you might have spent hours working over a hot stove for.

Also Martha rounds off each recipe with a Tip. Sometimes the tips are about the preceding recipe, while others are there simply for good measure. Either way, they are both useful and sensible and made me wonder ‘why on earth didn’t I think of that?’

This is a cookery book I will refer to over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment