Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Different Type of Cook Book - Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A Different Type of Cook Book - Highly Recommended!, October 13, 2009
By CFH "chillnhill" (Blue Ridge Summit, PA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
"Stir, Laugh, Repeat" is more than a just a great collection of practical recipes. In many cases, Martha Cheves has added personal comments and stories relating to the dish and has is also populated helpful tips after each recipe.

The structure of the book is different than I am used to seeing since there isn't a Table of Contents and the recipes are all mix up, with no real order. This was done to encourage the reader to actually read through the whole the book. Thankfully there is an Index so you can find the ones you like later.

Since I work from home most of the time and my wife works at our shop, I have been trying to make a few meals a week. This book has a lot of recipes that can actually be followed by someone with my limitted skills. Also, since I am not an expert in the kitchen, the included hints are very welcome and have taught me some very handy cooking tricks.


An enjoyable and practical cookbook! Highly Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment